Thursday, August 2, 2018

Crockpot Pork Roast!



*****
I would normally rub a small amount of olive oil on the roast before putting my seasonings on; but since this roast has a good amount of fat on it, I let it render as it cooked. I used the rendered fats and juices to baste the meat.
Use the seasonings of your choice. I kept this simple and used garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes.


I added two small quartered onions. I usually use celery, but I wanted some cabbage, and decided that would be just as flavorful. At this point, I have the crockpot on high, and put the lid on. 

I went ahead and prepared my potatoes and carrots, leaving them in a bowl of cold tap water until I was ready to put them in the pot.

Once the roast has cooked on high for a couple hours, I added my potatoes and carrots. 

I left everything alone for another two hours. Then I basted the meat and vegetables. I basted them again about 45 minutes later. I did this again before the roast was done.

Total time in the crockpot was just over 6 hours. Mmm, I think Mister is going to be happy.

Just before it's time to serve this delicious medley of goodness, I took everything out of the pot, and poured the juices into a sauce pan and made a simple gravy. 

Mister gave it a two thumbs up!

Delicious!

It even looks yummy when Jake puts it all together in a heap. I spared you the picture after he smothered it with ranch dressing and hot sauce. 

We hope you'll give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Laundry Soap

We are so thrilled to be here folks! We've had a few glitches along the way, and had to take a couple of pauses with our venture, but h...