Sunday, October 11, 2020

  I use Dawn dish detergent and white vinegar in tap water just hot enough to get the pinecones clean, but not too hot to burn my hands. I use the scrub brush for stubborn dirt and sap.


I submerge my pinecones into the hot tap water. 


                  Before scrubbing                 After scrubbing



 Once they have drained on the towel, I put the pinecones on a cookie sheet covered with foil. I don't want the sap on my pan! 

I put them in the oven on about 225 degrees for an hour, then lay them out to finish drying in the air. This is when my house usually looks like a pinecone factory. And talk about an amazing aroma permeating throughout my house! I do open the windows and keep extra fans on low to medium, circulating the air during this time. I recommend you do the same! 

Once the pinecones open, I'm ready to start crafting!


I paint them and make floral stems and use these for wreaths as well.


Some of the pinecones in this arrangement, I bleached, waxed, or polyurethaned. They are great for fall or Christmas decor!

 I hope you'll try it! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Laundry Soap

We are so thrilled to be here folks! We've had a few glitches along the way, and had to take a couple of pauses with our venture, but h...